Getting the best heat press machine is a very rewarding experience. This is because doing so allows a buyer to effectively accomplish a number of printing and transfer jobs with utmost convenience. But as the number of heat press machines offered for sale continues to increase, selecting the best from what is offered had become complicated. Due to this, buyers are strongly advised to conduct the needed online and personal research prior to purchase. They are also encouraged to learn and identify the most common features that the best heat press machines have.
You may like our article about what is heat press machine?
Common Features of the Best Heat Press Machine
The following features are considered as the most common features that have the best heat press machines usually.
Potential heat press buyers are encouraged to go for the products that feature a functional design. This simply means that they should as much as possible go for the machines that effectively help in saving space, work well when used on different items and are equipped with advanced time and temperature controls and displays. This is because getting a machine with such characteristics can help them obtain the best printing and transfer outcomes.
Aside from the functional design, buyers are also advised to go for the heat press machines that come with user-friendly functions and controls. This can be accomplished by going for the models that are equipped with highly-adjustable knobs and buttons that can be easily tweaked to input the most important information needed to get the job done, particularly the time and temperature settings. Read our guide about how to use a heat press machine effectively.
Equipped with a non-stick heating element
Finally, buyers are encouraged to prioritize the heat press models that are equipped with the non-stick heating element. This is because doing such can help them in avoiding overexposure and sticking of materials used for printing. On top of that, the heat press models equipped with this feature effectively prevents scorching that can ruin the outcome of the printing jobs accomplished using the machine.
Comparison Chart of top 10 heat press machines
Reviews of the Top 5 Best Heat Press Machine
The Clamshell Digital Heat Press Machine T-shirt Dual Digital Sublimation Transfer from Super Deal is one of the best t shirt printing machine in the market at present. It’s also one of the cheap heat press machine from lot’s of others. This digital tshirt printing machine gained its status since it comes with a long list of standard features that are responsible for allowing it to conveniently accomplish a number of transfer jobs. Aside from that, the heat press comes with a dual electric system protection that allows the user to use it safely. Thus, it prevents the user from worrying that he might get into trouble while using the machine. Instead, he can focus more of his attention on getting the task at hand done. It’s one of the best heat press for home use and also it’s one of the best heat press machine for beginners.
- Comes with an element that measures about 15×15 inches
- Has an estimated weight of 52 pounds
- Sold with a space-saving clamshell configuration
- Offers a power output of up to 1200 watts
- Makes use of 110-volt/60Hz power source to function well
- Capable of heating up from 0 to 250 degrees Celsius
- Has a time range of 0-999 seconds
- Features a fully digital temperature and time control
- Equipped with LCDs that display the machine’s preset time and temperature
- Comes with a silicon pad designed to withstand extreme temperatures of up to 250 degrees without getting distorted
- Equipped with an aluminum heat plate
- Comes with an integrated control system for more convenient adjustments and maintenance
- Equipped with a dual electric system protection
- Compact and portable
- Comes with temperature and time settings that can be easily adjusted
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Provides safety operation
- Capable of heating up to a temperature of 250 degrees
- Accurately displays the machine’s time and temperature information
- Equipped with an aluminum heat plate that provides a uniform heating surface
- Offered with a non-stick Teflon-coated heating plate
- Provides the user with the appropriate warnings when the press is over
- Has a highly-adjustable pressure settings
- Decently priced
- Relatively heavy
- Product availability is quite limited
- Might not be shipped in some countries
- Not backed by an applicable warranty
The Super Deal Clamshell Digital Heat Press Machine T-shirt Dual Digital Sublimation Transfer is currently among the most in-demand heat press models in the market since it can be had at a decent price, features a fully-digital set of adjustments and display and equipped with a non-stick Teflon-coated aluminum plate which effectively prevents sticking of the materials used on the heat press. Aside from that, the heat press comes with highly-adjustable pressure adjustments, a signal indicator which warns the user when the transfer is finished and capable of retaining its stable function even at higher temperatures.
The ShareProfit Heat Presses Hat Press Heat Press Machine for T-Shirts Cup Mug continues to experience a steady increase in demand from buyers. The product has become a top option for most buyers since it comes in a generous package which includes extra elements responsible for allowing it to accomplish different types of heat press jobs. The extra elements sold along with it include a mug press, hat press, and plate press. Aside from that, the machine is also equipped with a larger transfer element and a highly-adjustable multi-spring balancer that enables the heat press to conveniently handle a lot of pressing jobs.
- Comes with dimensions of 21×19.5×19 inches
- Weighs about 64.9 pounds
- Offered for sale in a 5 in 1 configuration
- Has a large 12”x15” transfer element
- Capable of providing a temperature range of 0-250 degrees Celsius
- Has a timer control of 0-999 seconds
- Comes with an adjustable height that can be tweaked from 13.5” to 17”
- Has a 1400-Watt power output
- Makes use of a 110-volt power source to function
- Features a longer arm handle
- Equipped with a detachable lower platform
- Comes with a 4/5” heating board
- Has a fully-adjustable multi-spring balancer
- Sold in a package which includes 5 elements
- Equipped with a larger transfer element that provides a larger work space
- Has a T-shirt Intelligent audible alarm
- Comes with a 360-degree rotation of swing-away design
- Has movable heating elements that can be safely moved away to cool down
- Comes with a highly-adjustable pressure adjustment knob
- Has a high-grade aluminum and Teflon-coated press element that effectively prevents scorching
- Works well when used on mugs, plates, cups, T-shirts and other medium
- Sold as a fully-assembled product
- Comes with a relatively expensive price
- Might not be shipped in some countries
- Product availability is quite limited
- Not sold along with a warranty
Although it is sold at an expensive price, the ShareProfit Heat Presses Hat Press Heat Press Machine for T Shirts Cup Mug still remains an ideal option for most buyers since it works well when used for mugs, plates and hats. It is also equipped with a large transfer element that allows it to provide a bigger work space, fully-adjustable adjustment knob and movable set of heating elements that can be safely moved to cool down. Finally, it comes with a high-grade aluminum Teflon-coated platen press that prevents sticking or scorching of transfers.
The Promo Heat 15″ x 15″ Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine – Clamshell – Model PRO-3804X is presently an in demand product in its class. This is a preferred option among buyers since it comes with a space-saving clamshell configuration. Aside from that, this heat press is also proven to provide a versatile operation, capable of accomplishing the desired transfer to various flat-surfaced items particularly on metals, fabrics, glasses, ceramics and wood.
- Sold with dimensions of 29.8×20.1×19.3 inches
- Has an estimated weight of about 67 lbs
- Comes with a 15”x15” working element
- Features a space-saving clamshell configuration
- Equipped with a digital LCD timer
- Comes with an audible warning feature that alerts the user when the time is complete
- Comes with a digital LCD temperature control
- Has a top-mounted and easy to access control
- Features a fully adjustable pressure adjustment knob
- Comes with an ergonomic parallel arm handle with foam grip
- Equipped with a highly-adjustable multi-spring balancer
- Has a non-stick and Teflon-coated element
- Requires a power input of 110 volts and provides a power output of up to 1400 watts
- Comes with a 5.5 feet plug
- Comes with a space-saving configuration
- Portable and compact
- Has a larger working element
- Equipped with an accurate timer that allows the user to preset the desired time
- Sounds an alarm when the time is complete and to avoid overexposure
- Has an LCD digital temperature control for setting the desired temperature
- The product stops heating when the preset temperature is reached
- Allows the adjustment of the pressure based on the thickness of the material that must be transferred
- Proven safe when used
- Significantly reduces the handle flex when opening and closing the machine
- Provides a non-stick surface
- Sold at a decent price
- Only works on objects with flat surfaces
- Easily gets out of stock
- Might not be eligible for shipping in some countries
- Not sold along with an applicable warranty
The Promo Heat 15″ x 15″ Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine – Clamshell – Model PRO-3804X is a regarded as a top choice by a lot of buyers since this is sold at a budget-friendly price along with a number of useful features such as a larger working element, a digital LCD timer, a digital LCD temperature control and a highly-adjustable pressure adjustment knob. In addition to that, it comes with a non-stick surface that effectively prevents sticking and scorching.
The PowerPress Industrial-Quality Digital 15-by-15-Inch Sublimation t shirt printing machine is among the most in-demand heat press model in the market at present. This is because a lot of buyers prefer this over the other available models since it is blessed with an upward-opening configuration that helps the device to save space. In addition to that, the powerpress heat press machine is capable of transferring images on t-shirts, ceramic tiles, jigsaw puzzles, garments and bags. On top of that, the heat press is equipped with an accurate timer and heat control feature that prevents sticking and scorching.
- Comes with dimensions of 30x19x17
- Weighs about 53 pounds
- Equipped with a 15”x15” working element
- Features an upward-opening construction
- Features a coated sheet along with a coated heat platen
- Derives power from a 110-volt source
- Has a power output of 1800 watts
- Provides a temperature range of 0-500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Has a heating time range of 0-999 seconds
- Equipped with an electronic heating and time controls
- Has a pressure adjustable silicon gel base board
- Works on a number of items like ceramic tiles, t-shirts, and bags
- Compact and space-saving
- Relatively light weight
- Comes with a larger working element that provides more workspace
- Has an electronic temperature control that allows convenient temperature adjustments
- Has an accurate electronic timer that helps prevent sticking and scorching
- Provides a non-stick surface and heat platen
- Offered with a glued-down silicon rubber base
- Works well in doing transfer, letter, number and image applications
- Can be used on objects with flat surfaces
- Sold at a relatively higher price
- Not available for shipping in some countries
- Not sold along with a warranty
- Product availability is quite limited
Despite of its relatively expensive price, the PowerPress Industrial-Quality Digital 15-by-15-Inch Sublimation t shirt printing machine is still regarded as a good purchase by a lot of buyers. This is because the product comes with an upward opening configuration that makes it convenient and safe to use. In addition that, such it is equipped with a bigger working element, coated sheet and heating platen along with a glued-down silicon rubber base. Finally, this heat press is also admired for its electronic heat and time control for better work outcomes.
Buying personalized gifts can be expensive and you can’t always find what you’re looking for, even in specialized stores. Sometimes you may wish you could make your own gifts or T-shirts for a fund raiser, or a T-shirt in support of a cause. Now you can, with the Zeny Heat Press Pro, 6-in-1 Combo Heat Press Machine. Get all the cool designs on the items you want without the hassle of dealing with stores and the high costs of paying to personalize items you have to buy separately. Also if you decide to start a home business then it will be the best heat press machine for small business as a startup with a little investment.
The Zeny Heat Press Pro has a lot of features that makes creating your own personalized designs easy, fun and safe. Not only is it convenient for use in your own home, but other features make it simple and fun. The biggest features that have customers enjoying and loving their Zeny Heat Press Pro, include:
- The 4/5 inch heating board allows the heat to be evenly distributed across the entire platen
- Choose from a Fahrenheit or Celsius degree control
- Warms up quickly
- The built-in structural support helps to maintain flatness
- Designed with an upgraded alloy cradle so that you get even heating
- Comes with a compact size, lightweight, detached cradle to use for mug elements. More compact than standard cradles
- Comes with timer control
- Adjustable multi-spring balancer
Before you purchase your heat press machine, you will want to compare pros and cons. Knowing what the benefits and positives are about a product, versus the negatives, or concerns, can help you make a wise decision as to if the product is right for you and what you are looking for. Other customers who have the machine give their opinion on the pros and cons of the machine to help others make an informed decision before they buy. Below are some of the pros and cons of the Zeny Heat Press Pro.
- Made sturdy; all metal and no plastic
- Easy to put together
- Easy to use. Not difficult to use the different functions to make T-shirts or mugs or anything it’s intended to
- Instructions aren’t very clear on how to put together
- There may be some difficulty using the pressure screw and getting it to work right
- There were some concerns with how the timer works with some customers
Whether you are crafty at heart or want to learn something fun to do, the Zeny Heat Press Pro will have you seeing your creative side quick and easily. You’ll be amazed at what you can create for your personal use, gifts or even items for your business. Let your imagination loose and start creating with the Zeny Heat Press Pro.
Check out this video on What You Need To Know About Heat press
HEAT PRESS MACHINE BUYING GUIDE
Imprinting graphics on various items like t-shirts, caps, Mugs is a very rewarding business today as more people opt for personalized products. This type of business is made possible by heat press machines. These machines designed to imprint graphics on substrates using heat and pressure.
There are numerous types and brands of heat press machines on the market today. As such, it can be quite daunting for you to land the best one for your ventures. Herein is a comprehensive guide on the factors to consider when buying a heat press machine.
1. TYPE OF TRANSFERS
The heating capabilities of the heat press have to meet the requirements of the transfers you are going to use. The most common types of transfers include printable heat transfer vinyl, laser transfer paper, inkjet transfer paper, sublimation and plastisol transfers. In order to produce the highest quality of imprints possible, the heat press machine should be able to apply your chosen heat transfer to the substrate properly.
2. AMOUNT OF HEATING ELEMENTS
The number of heating elements in a heat press platen will determine how even the heat produced will be. The occurrence of cold spots in a heat press platen can potentially ruin not only your transfer but also the garments. Cold spots are a result of an inadequate number of heating elements.
They can also be caused by heating elements that are not well spaced. The best heat press machines are those with many heating elements that are placed closer together. This will provide even heat from edge to edge of the platen.
3. THICKNESS OF THE HEAT PRESS PLATEN
The thickness of a heat press platen is directly related to its capability to retain heat or not. Thick and heavy platens will be able to retain more heat as compared to thin and light platens. This is especially important if you intend on maintaining long production runs.
Retaining heat is crucial if you seek to produce consistent imprints. As such, if you want regular imprints on a large number of items you should opt for a heat press machine with an extra thick and heavy platen.
4. SIZE OF THE HEAT PRESS
When it comes to heat press machines, size does matter and particularly if the press will be stationary. It is recommendable to go for the largest press size within the limits of your budget. The standard full press size is 16” by 20”. The minimum recommendable size is 15” by 15”.
There are several advantages of having a larger press size. It makes it easier to align and press large size garments. Larger heat presses enable you to easily load and unload bulky garments such as jackets and hooded sweatshirts. In addition, you can be able to press several small items all at once.
It is important to note that larger heat press machines are less portable due to the weight. If you want to take your heat press on the road, smaller machines will be the best option. We have a article on this important factor heat press machine sizes
5. MODE OF OPERATION
In terms of operation, a heat press machine can be manual, automatic or semi-automatic. Automatic heat presses generate pressure using compressed air. They often have more features and are easier to operate. However, they are more expensive than manual and semi-automatic heat press machines.
They also require a higher degree of maintenance. With the manual machines, you can be able to adjust the pressure between the firm, medium, and light depending on your pressing needs. While they are cheaper than automatic models, they are relatively harder to use.
6. TYPE OF WARRANTY AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
A good heat press machine should be guaranteed to function optimally without issue or to be serviced at no cost for a period of time beyond the purchase date. Technical support should also be available in the event that you need guidance or the machine needs repairing. This should be provided both before and after the warranty expiry date.
Technical support is very crucial since some user manuals can be quite complex. Depending on who will be operating the heat press machine, the vendor should provide proper product training.
There are other factors that you should consider including budget heat press machines, workload, workspace, Heat press machine brand, additional features, the technology employed and where the heat press is manufactured.
TYPES OF HEAT PRESS MACHINES
There are three main categories of heat press machines; swing away, clam shell and draw. Note that some heat presses are a combination of at least two of the above three categories. These are a swing away/draw and clam shell/draw hybrid heat presses.
1. CLAM SHELL HEAT PRESS
A clamshell heat press machine is a press where the bottom and top platens open and closes in a similar way to the shell of a clam. In most clamshell models, the bottom platen remains stationary as the top plate goes up at an angle. One of the main advantages of a clamshell heat press is that it takes up less space than the swing away heat press. It also feels more sturdy and solid on the surface.
The problem with clam shell presses is that the top platen limits the workspace. This is more evident in smaller presses. The top plate on such presses may get in the way of your line of sight and hands. Due to this, there is a slight risk of a burn.
- It’s user friendly, best for the beginners
- Not suitable for thicker fabric
- Easy to move as it has the portable option
2. SWING AWAY HEAT PRESS
In a swing away heat press machine, the bottom platen is stationary while the top platen opens up then swings to the right or left of the working space. This design gives it one major advantage. It provides much more working space that the clam shell machine since the platen moves out of your way. As such, you can achieve a higher production rate.
However, it is also the source of one of its drawbacks. Due to the swinging top platen, more room is required for a swing away press. In addition, the moving parts of this heat press make it less sturdy and stable.
- It’s best for experienced user’s
- It requires more space than Calm shell
- It can produce higher volume products
3. DRAW HEAT PRESS
In draw heat presses, the bottom platen pulls out towards you, much like opening a drawer. This design provides a heat-free and unobstructed workspace while saving space. Its only notable drawback is its unsuitability for pressing intricate items that need a stationary and stable workspace. These are the high quality heat press machines for the most experienced users.
- Requires Heat free work surface
- Requires more space and it’s not portable
- It’s ideal for high volume production
Frequently Asked Questions on Heat press machine
If you have just bought your heat press but still have questions about it, then a frequently asked question section will be of great help. Here are some of the frequently asked questions and answers on heat press machines.
- How do I check the pressure setting?
To check for pressure setting, you have to lower your upper platen and lock it. If your heat press has pressure, then it will display on the front panel.
- Why do you have to use a silicone pad?
The silicone pad enables your heat press to retain heat. Therefore, it facilitates the flow of adhesives and inks. As such, using the silicone pad ensures that your printing process goes on smoothly.
- What should I look for in a heat press?
When you are buying heat press, you need to look for its ability to provide consistent heat temperatures. A cold spot on the platen is a leading cause of misapplied transfers. A cold spot usually occurs when there is a lack of proper heating, a disconnection in the heating element or a short.
- How do I know if my heat press has even pressure?
You can easily test your heat press to ensure it has just the right pressure. The only way you can do so is to use four squares of paper and place them on each corner and close your heat press. In case one of the papers is not coming out easily; it means that your platen has been warped the heat press does not have even pressure.
- What is the work of a heat press?
A heat press gives you temperatures of up to 235C. The machine has pressure and temperature that is greater than a normal iron. You can use it to print images on heat mouse pads, ceramic plates, t-shirts, placemats, mugs, and also cups.
- Does a heat press need cleaning or maintenance?
Yes, your heat press requires cleaning just like any machine. For cleaning, you need to dust your machine with a household cleaner. You can also clean your heat platens, external parts and even silicone pads. When cleaning the heat platen, you can use abrasive free hand soap and a piece of cloth. As for the maintenance, you do not have to worry about it. Heat presses do not require maintenance.
- Why does my upper platen appear loose?
During operation, the platens allow for even pressure from one corner to the next. As such, you can have an even application when you are heat printing.
- What type of heat press machine should I buy?
The type of heat press machine you buy depends on your budget, available space, image size, products to be transferred, and the frequent of use. Therefore, you should only choose the machine that can help you print without any problem.
- What is the work of interchangeable platens?
Interchangeable platens allow you to print items of different styles, shapes, and also sizes. They can be changed with a lot of ease. You can easily change the platen to suit your printing needs and taste.
In this article, we have tried to focus on the most common and the top rated heat press machine reviews and we will keep the site updated with latest heat press machine reviews with some informative and resourceful articles. Stay with us!