T-Shirt industry has been on a terrific run over the last couple of decades as T-shirts have been globally accepted as the first casual wear by everyone. As a result, online T-shirt selling houses have become a top business choice. Some entrepreneurs took this reasonable opportunity and skyrocketed their way to success.
As market flourished, it is evident that you will be facing a stiff competition and one way to have the edge over other is by using a T-shirt designing software. You may be wondering that how a simple software can help you stay ahead in the market? We will answer all such questions.
What Is a T-shirt Designing Software Package?
Let’s try to answer that in a way that everyone can understand this. Well, it is a software package which enables you to upload or create designs and can simulate the design on a T-shirt. It lets you have a preview of conception, that how it would look on the fabric without even physically printing. It saves time and expenses as actual design creation and print transfer requires both of above. Moreover, it provides you with lots of options to manage your design and templates.
How Can the Software Package Help Your Business?
This is the exact question because of which you landed on this page. Well, first of all, let’s identify what makes the sale, the obvious answer will be Niche, Design, Quality, and Brand. The software won’t affect the quality and niche, but it will certainly help you to get a far better design which is fresh and vibrant. The quality depends on printing method and fabric used. Thus, overall it helps in building the brand.
What Does the Software Offer?
When you are looking for a T-shirt designing software, you must look what the package offers you. Below mentioned points are some basic features which you will find in most of them.
- The software provides you with an incredibly extensive range of unique designs and even lets you choose the size, color, text, and clip-arts as per requirement
- Such tool comes with lots and lots of garment template, artwork and image library which is regularly updated by the service providers
- Thanks to the software. Now you don’t need to hire a skilled designer to create design, in turn, it saves both money and time
- Even some software aims to integrate with your e-commerce portal to allow your customers to design their T-shirts. This feature certainly gives you an edge over your counterparts
- Not only these softwares are capable of designing t-shirts but also they can be used to design various other products likes caps, hats, depending on your printing capability
What To Look Before Making the Final Choice
First of all, decide a budget and then try to identify a software which you can easily work on, accordingly make the selection. It is mostly a one-time investment so don’t bother if the price is high for better software.
There is no doubt that a good software package would help you to improve your T-shirt business. So before selecting any of them, there are some aspects that you can have a look on, some of these are mentioned below.
- Support for software: Try to go for a package which is known for its high-quality support section. This is because, in the beginning, every person faces difficulties before getting acquainted with the procedure. So, if the support admin section is professional and customer friendly it would help a lot.
- The library: The sole purpose of designing software is to get the fresh and trending design. The software which you are selecting must have its design library, clip art and fonts updated on a regular basis; this would help you in keeping up with the competition.
- Price: The price of these packages varies from company to company and can be anywhere between USD 20 to USD 2500. The cost varies mainly because some elite features such as e-commerce integrity or online designing feature
- License period: Look at the time for which you are being provided the software package, there is software which comes with a limited license which others with lifetime option.
- Update: Decent software should provide regular update depending to keep its client updated with ever chaining market needs. If the package is designed for online use, then the regular update is a must.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Canva to design T-shirts?
Yes, you can use Canva to create a custom t-shirt design. As a designer, you should make sure that your artwork is up-to-date and in the “wave” of what is considered trendy at the time to inspire you and improve your designs. You might also want to look at a Canva tutorial if you’re new to designing. The best part is that Canva is mostly free.
Can you sell designs you make on Canva?
As long as the design is your own, or a heavily modified design from Canva’s free catalog, then you can easily sell shirts printed with that said design without any legal repercussions. However, you shouldn’t credit a certain design as being your own if you haven’t brought any modifications to it and if you haven’t asked the original author’s permission to profit of it in the first place. The legal aspects of design copyright can be a little tricky, so we recommend consulting with a law firm if you’re not sure about what you’re doing.
Can I sell my t-shirt designs through Etsy and other similar platforms?
Again, as long as you are 100% sure that you’re not infringing any copyright laws, then you should be able to sell your t-shirts through any platform that allows you to do so. Just make sure to have all of your business licenses in order before you do, otherwise the IRS (or any other equivalent entity) in your country might give you some trouble.
Is selling t-shirts online profitable?
The short answer is a definite yes. Some people have made more than $10,000 per year selling t-shirts online as a small business.
From above its quite clear that software can help you in multiple dimensions when it comes to the online T-shirt business. They can get you simulations for the print, provide you with latest designs and even track your business. There are lots of t-shirt designing software available in the market that can help you boost your business.
The most popular ones are No-Refresh, GraffixPro Studio, Flash T-Shirt Design software. But if you need some offline working package then Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw Graphics suite will be an ideal choice for you. You could also use Photoshop or Canva if you’re working with pixel graphics instead of vector graphics.